Tuesday, January 30, 2007

"I love technology..."


Kip, in the movie Napoleon Dynamite, sang this to his bride, LaFawnduh: "I love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But I STILL love technology... Always and forever."

OK, so this post isn't really about Kip. It's about technology and Dr. Wayne Grudem. I LOVE his teachings, especially in his book, "Systematic Theology". I am not trying to compare Kip to Dr. Grudem, either. Wayne is way cooler, as my teens would say.

All this to tell you that I was thrilled to find out that the church which Dr. Grudem attends, Scottsdale Bible Church, is offering teachings in mp3 format, some of which feature Dr. Grudem teaching a Christian Ethics class. Topics include:
Old Testament Canon
New Testament Canon
#1 - Authority (2 part series)
Inerrancy of Scripture (3 part series)
#2 - Clarity
How to Interpret the Bible (7 part series)
#3 - Necessity
#4 - Sufficiency (2 part series)
The Existence of God
"Incommunicable" Attributes (4 part series)
"Communicable" Attributes (5 part series)

To get the messages, go to this link and look along the left hand margin. In the "By Series" search field, choose "Christian Ethics Class" then click "Go". You may live stream the messages, or save them.

I sent this info. along to a bunch of people in our little church. One guy is already downloading the "Inerrency" teaching, and planning on listening to it as he travels to work.

I have been amazed at some of our people's desire to dig into the Word, but that's another post.

For now, be cool, love technology, and access some of the best theological teaching around.

No comments:

Post a Comment