Tuesday, June 21, 2005

God Sends Amazing Messengers of Encouragement!

As I was driving to the home into which we hope to be moving soon, I was really struggling in heart with many concerns.  There are some days when a person just needs encouragement.  I miss my honey - he's putting in long hours at work and at our new home.  I worry that we won't sell our other home quickly.  I'm tired of open houses, construction messes, and even the bickerings of some in our little flock.  I can know with my understanding that I'm just in a hard season of life, but there are times when a person just feels weak in heart and mind and body.  I was in that mode yesterday.
 
  I prayed as I drove, asking my Heavenly Father to please send someone to me to help lift my spirit.  I got to the house, picked on my sweetie a little, then had to do some hardware store errand running for him.  When I came back, a man from church and his lady friend unexpectedly stopped by the house.  The lady, Bobbie Jean, is one of those types of women who are so full of the Holy Spirit that she can't help but minister life.  We sat and talked for over an hour.  She encouraged me so much!  The Scriptures flowed out of her.
 
The Bible says in Matthew 10 that not even a sparrow falls to the ground apart from our Father's will, and that the very hairs of our heads are numbered (by Him).  We serve a God who is into the details of life.  Because of His lovingkindness, I believe he sent Bobbie Jean to me, all the way from Houston Texas, to encourage me.  Had she not been visiting a friend in this area, I most likely never would have met this wonderful woman this side of heaven.  There are no coincidences in life - we plan our lives, but God guides our steps (Proverbs 20:24).
 
Go ahead, ask God to help you.  He hears what you're thinking, you know, but I believe that much glory comes to Him when we humble ourselves and ask Him for His help, His blessing, His reassurance. 
 
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. 
Thus I will bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.
 
(Psalm 63:3-5)
 
May our mouths praise Him today, with joyful lips.  When you do this, you will also be encouraging many others who are crying out to Him.
 
Thank You, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment