Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!




Today is the first Christmas that my family and I have had in our new home (well, new to us anyway). Last year at this time, we were still living 30 miles from the small church my husband pastors. We were driving 45 minutes to and from church, and wondering if we'd ever find a home in the new town.

God did amazing things, and gave us clear direction on the home to buy, gave us the time to remodel it before moving in, and graciously provided a buyer for our old home within a couple days of our bridge loan expiring.

Now as I sit in this new place, I wonder what I'll be thinking next year at this time. Lord willing, I hope to be able to say that I am closer to Jesus in heart, mind, and soul... that I will be walking so closely with Him that those around me will be blessed and encouraged.

In the meantime, today, as I sit home with 2 sick kids doing laundry, cleaning the house, and cooking while my husband and other kids are at Christmas service, I can't help but be overcome with gratefulness to God for keeping His hand on us every day over the past year. I looked at a sparrow today who was perched near our bird feeder... and it reminded me that not even a sparrow falls to the ground without our heavenly Father knowing about it. Are we not worth much more than sparrows to our Father? Of course! Does that mean we will not have hard times? No. He's still working on me with regard to welcoming trials with joy (see James 1) so I'm figuring that since we're supposed to welcome trials, then by implication we will have to experience them, right?

May you grow daily in your relationship with Christ, having a walk worthy of Him. The next time you see a sparrow, I hope the Holy Spirit will remind you that He cares for you. May the coming of Christ be a reality in our hearts daily. Merry Christmas, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment