Friday, August 17, 2007

Too Busy? Check This "Not To Do" List


I found an excellent article on Web Worker Daily (ht to Lifehacker) entitled, "The Not-To-Do List: Bad Habits to Stop Now".

Although the article is intended for use in the workplace, I bet I could customize it a bit for the busy life of moms, especially homeschooling moms. My modifications would read like this:

HS Moms' Not-To-Do List

1. Do not answer unrecognized phone calls.
2. Do not answer recognized phone calls during school time.
3. Do not joust with kids who don't want to do their school. Make 'em do it.
4. Do not commit to anything without first saying, "Let me think about that. I'll get back to you." (Very useful if you're in the habit of saying no to the kids all the time, or yes to commitments all the time.)
5. Do not let homeschool mom peer pressure force you to sign up kids for activities.
6. Do not go online when you should be teaching or overseeing the children.


Just a few tips that have saved me a ton of time and problems. 'Hope they help.

1 comment:

  1. this has been a really helpful reminder to me as i get ready to start school, thanks so much

    ReplyDelete