Saturday, April 24, 2010

Great Online Tools For Your Faith


I have an iPod Touch. I've had it for about a year. It is a fun toy for me, but it can be and often is quite useful. For instance, last week my daughter had a job interview at a local mall. I dropped her off, and the plan was that she was going to text me when the interview was done. The problem? My trusty several-year-old Tracfone didn't have enough power left to even receive a text, and my car charger inexplicably disintegrated. Ack!

I found a sweet spot in the parking lot near a Barnes and Noble. B&N offers free wi-fi. I found out that I can connect to the interwebs via my iPod Touch as I sit in the parking lot. Sweet! I texted my girl through a free texting app and all was well.

Today I was finding some links to share to folks in my church via our newsletter. I found some great stuff, and wanted to share it with you all. Enjoy!

ESV Bible - Mobile Version
I love the ESV bible. But I often forget to bring my bible to church in the typical Sunday morning flurry of activity. I found out that I can get the ESV bible on my iPod Touch by simply pulling up Safari and plugging in http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/mobile/

This would only work if you have the password for your church's wi-fi, or if you have an internet enabled mobile device like an iPhone, Droid, or Blackberry.

One of the problems with using an iPod or phone in church is that people around you might think you're playing Tap Tap Revenge, checking Facebook or texting your friends. All I can think of is to make sure your immediate chair neighbors can see the screen :-)

Twitter ESV Verse of the Day
Even though I'm not a twitterer, I know a lot of people are. You can get a little tweet of sweet bible inspiration daily by following this: http://twitter.com/esvdaily

The Blue Letter Bible Online
So you say you can't study the bible because you can't afford to? Not true! The Blue Letter Bible website offers commentaries, maps, timelines, charts, and of course, lots of bible versions for you to dig through. They also have devotionals and more. Check it out here: www.blueletterbible.org.

My Favorite Online Devotionals
If you're having a hard time getting into the Word daily, put one of these as your home page and every time you boot up you'll be reminded to take a few moments for your faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment